Friday, May 28, 2010

Toddlers in Tow

Today Christy, Amber, Anneke, the world's most photogenic child, and I went to The Bishop's Close for a photography field trip.

I call this one "Longing" or "I NOT-A-SHARE my umbrella!"

So there was a lot of camera-fiddling and a surprising amount of tech talk for, you know, a girls' trip (jk, Tallgirl).

We mommies were most absorbed in finding just the right shutter speed/aperture whatsit to get that cool streaming effect when photographing this waterfall.


So absorbed that one of the toddlers plunged head-first into a foot of water right above the waterfall while we snapped away. Sigh. Who knew the Bishop's Close was so treacherous?
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Amber said...

Ugh... poor Huck. I've been thinking about him all day. Can't wait to see the rest of your pics! I'm quite pleased with some of mine. (And *so* good to see you and A!)

Dr. A said...

I just love the different perspectives on this story. Looks like you three had a lot of fun!

Christie said...

Great color, Z. I gotta learn me about those histograms.

Abcdpdx said...

I like the National Geographic Guide to Photographing your Family (or something like that)--he has nice description of histograms. I suppose I could tell you this in person/via email rather than counting on you to re-visit the comments!

Mary said...

For sure I thought this story was going to end with a tumble over a ledge, not headfirst in a pond. Glad everyone survived the Bishop's Close!

Sorry...I believe my kids are the ones who have taught Anneke her poor umbrella manners.