Monday, June 28, 2010

Car Camping, Pt. 1!

The stars aligned, and our last-minute plans to go camping with our friends worked out beautifully. We secured a spot at Ft. Stevens State Park near Astoria. We knew the site was amidst all the RV hookups, and I was a little skeptical, but it really was a perfect car camping weekend.



Our site was lovely--it backed up to the forest, and there was a little trail lined with moss and ferns. Anneke got to eat wild berries!

There were "Junior Ranger" activities, including this one where we all got to see razor clams up close. In fact, this is the closest we have ever come to razor clams. We have since found out we have been using the wrong kind of clam gun. I loved this because it was so much like the park-sponsored kids' activities I grew up doing in Arkansas, only Pacific Coast style.

The tow-headed twosome got along swimmingly. Must have been all that fresh air.


And here they are at the actual "Fort" part of Ft. Stevens!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Dr. A said...

That last picture of Daddy and Daughter is wonderful! It was just over a year ago that we all camped together. Sigh. I miss you guys. Looks like you had tons of fun!

Brian said...

Dude, very jealous.