Today was lovely, and started with a walk through the neighborhood. I love our neighborhood even as I roll my eyes from the effect of hippy-dippy overload. Could we get more cliche with our backyard chickens (which lead to backyard raccoons and rats, I might add), "edible landscaping" and nearby environmental school? And yet...it's all very nice, and makes for interesting walks. In the end, the eye-rolling is affectionate, and of course I appreciate the values reflected in all of these sometimes faddish, sometimes even sanctimonious displays. To say there are worse ways to use one's yard space is quite an understatement--like, say, putting in a
pool. 
Interesting detritus and yard-art:


The Sunnyside Environmental School chicken coop, which Anneke and I love to visit.

I love unkempt gardens in autumn.

This actually won't be Anneke's elementary school, but wouldn't you feel good about your kid wandering around this school yard every day? Each grade has its own little garden.
No comments:
Post a Comment