Anneke has all of her grandparents, plus a great-grandmother, Mamo. Thanks to her cousin Juliette her grandmother is known as "Darlin'." If grandchildren's affection is any indicator I can't think of a better name (with apologies to cousins Sidney and Chloe, who adore her just as much but are happy just to call her "grandma.") Anyway, pictured here are Darlin', Granddaddy, and Mamo. They came out for a visit and were lots of help. Anneke already loves them. During her stay Darlin' kept admonishing me to try out the swing. I was skeptical. I came downstairs one day to find Anneke asleep in the swing, and I quickly moved her over to the pack-n-play. This went over like the proverbial lead balloon, and so I put her back in the swing, and the results are depicted above. Please note that we have since figured out how to recline the swing for better neck support, but this is now her favorite nap spot.


1 comment:
She's kinda gansta laid back in that swing yo!
I'm glad you and Dave took her on your date! I'm also glad she's going to have a little boy in the family to boss around! I love that Anneke is going to call Mom Darlin. I had no idea it would really stick! We just need to make sure everyone who uses "Darlin," says it with a southern accent.
I can't wait to see you and Anneke this May!
Post a Comment