
For fathers day Caroline made me one to start my day.
Here I am enjoying both of my dutch babies:

You may also notice the brand new Joy of Cooking I received to replace the well worn one from my bachelor days.
The tiara quote that makes up the title of this entry refers to something I heard Friday morning listening to NPR. Kristian Foden-Vencil, our local voice talent who these days speaks over Morning Edition on the weekdays, was asking the host of Think Out Loud to see if they could answer this question in their show centered around Father's Day that was about to start. Apparently Kristian has three daughters. Kristian has a strong English accent that makes him sound pretentious, but hearing him throw in some levity like this made me think he may actually be a fun guy.
For Father's day I choose to have a nice quiet day where I could get chores done around the house, finished off with a trip to Mount Tabor park where we feasted on a dinner from Flying Pie Pizza, my favorite pizza in town.
A perfect first Fathers Day.
3 comments:
finally I know what Kristian Foden-Vencil looks like.
Sounds like a great 1st dad-day.
Commenting on the title: Brian was dragged to tea with my dad for his 1st dad-day. No pink tiaras were worn, however.
I had no idea that his last name was hyphenated. How many years have I heard his singsong pronunciation of it and never realized it was two names? I had to read it three times to realize what it actually said. Why am I such an idiot?
Post a Comment