Sunday, January 4, 2009

Arkansas Christmas wrap-up

Wow, I don't know where to start or finish about our trip to Arkansas! My sister blogged a nice entry about some of our antics, including our trip with three crazy teenage girls to see Twilight and the ensuing NYE Vampire Fashion Show and Bowles Family Rave. There was so much going on we didn't get many group shots, which is too bad. From now on I'm going to make sure we take the time to gather everyone together for a group photo. But we got some great candids, in part because my niece Chloe is a talented photographer--seriously. Someone get that girl a digital SLR! One way to sum the trip up is that the night before our scheduled flight home my heart just hurt at the thought of leaving, so at the last minute I changed my flight, and Anneke and I stayed an extra couple of days where we had some unhurried time with Darlin, Granddaddy, Auntie Emily, Chloe, Sidney, Juliette, and Mamo.


Here are the granddaughters!

Here is my cousin from Minden, Louisiana at my cousin Lisa's house in Sarepta, Louisiana. The Bowles side of the family is loud and raucous and fun!

Here's baby Vaughn right in the middle. He is truly, truly the sweetest baby I have ever met. My parents' back yard is one of my favorite places in the world.

Here we are in Texarkana, Texas. You wouldn't believe the sunsets my aunt and uncle are treated to every evening. We got to see the Texarkana family twice--it was so nice to spend time with them and everyone.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

emily and adrian said...

Just for the record, I have to take credit for the last photo...but Chloe is still the better photog.
I'm so sad the holiday is over.

Abcdpdx said...

oh yeah, you're a great photographer, but we already knew that!

Dr. A said...

Lil' Vaughn mush be so sweet because he has all these beautiful women surrounding him!

Great pictures, glad the Bowles family had a great holiday.