Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Belated happy birthday to me

Oops, it's past midnight, so no longer my birthday. But I had a good one. Can I just say I got 63 facebook birthday wishes from friends from every walk of my life? I know most of these folks don't think about me very much in their day-to-day lives, and that's why it meant even more that they took the time to wish me happy birthday. I'm definitely going to return the favor from now on.

I spent my birthday with Anneke and then Dave feeling very grateful. It was Ash Wednesday, and I didn't make it to church for the service (okay, because I went out for a very un-Lenten meal. it was Fat Wednesday). But I have figured out my Lenten discipline, and besides that I know I don't take any of my blessings for granted. That's a blessing in itself.

I think an additional Lenten discipline needs to be sending out birthday cards--that will be much more enjoyable than giving up ice cream or cussing.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am sorry to have missed it, but happy birthday to you. We can drink up when we are there in May.

Dr. A said...

Glad you had such a nice day. Happy Birthday (plus one day)
Does this mean you'll send out a years worth of b-day cards in 40 days?

K said...

did i wish you happy b-day on facebook? my days are jumbling this week. So happy birthday if i wasn't one of the 63!

Christie said...

Happy belated birthday!