Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The child care puzzle

Hey,friends in Portland with kids!

So I'm looking for daycare for our little munchkin--20-24 hours a week. I've found some good information and referral sources, but wanted to put this question out there: what do you know about day care in this city, particularly on the East side? Any recommendations? I'm especially curious about in-home/family-based daycare, as I feel like I've done what I can with wait lists, etc. at actual day care centers.

If you have thoughts please email them to me rather than posting comments to protect our privacy, etc.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Just wanted to wish good luck to you. Child care and all the issues associated with it are the absolute worst parts of motherhood.

and i have been pretty fortunate.

emily and adrian said...

You will figure it out, I know you will. Good luck!
Hey, you could always send Anneke to "The Farm."

K said...

I'm with tallgirl - child care is a tough issue! We have also been lucky with the care for our little ones. I hope you hear about some good options in your neck of the woods!

Dr. A said...

I'll agree with tallgirl - childcare and the associated craziness that comes with it goes in the "not fun" column. But it might be just behind "checking the diapers for coins swallowed two days ago".