Sunday, November 8, 2009

Things you should know about Anneke

Inspired by our friends the Wagners 5, I'd like to share a few things about Anneke Grace.

When she's ready for me to get up in the morning she goes around to my nightstand and gets my glasses for me.

She is speaking in phrases now. Two of her favorites are, "Zoe naughty" and "Cucu shy."

She is over the moon about the moon. She and her dad gaze at it every night before bed.

She reads her books aloud, in the same cadence I read them to her.

She loves her boots and just learned to put them on herself.

Last night I lay on the couch while she walked circles around the coffee table. Every other trip she stopped to give me a kiss.

She loves to dance to Lady Gaga.

She loves to take her diaper off.

She has been talking about her flu shot daily since she got it.

The other day she walked past a stranger and said, "excuse me."

Typically when she sees a stranger she hugs my legs and says, "shy."

She loves church. We were about to leave the other day, but instead she walked into the sanctuary, so we stayed for the first part of the second service.



I think she has more of her dad's temperament. When I see her observing and studying her environment I feel like I know where she gets it.

She loves numbers. She loves to see the floors change when we ride in an elevator.

She has a baby doll that she stores in the kitchen cupboard.

She and Daddy have all kinds of breakfast, bathtime, and bedtime rituals I am only dimly aware of. I love feeling like there are some ways Daddy knows her a little bit better than I do.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Christina said...

She is an amazing little girl! I loved reading this! What really struck me though is what a great environment she is growing up in. You and Dave are great parents and she is a lucky little girl!
Other things I noticed- amazing outfit! Pink sequined tutu with boots!
So much hair now! (relatively speaking of course!) :)

Bjack said...

I remember Noah at that age - loved every minute of it! He woke me up with my glasses, too, and by saying "wets gi bup!" We still say that sometimes. baby doll in the kitchen cupboard? perfect.

emily and adrian said...

i love her. she is so smart! and i can't believe she is already wearing the pink sequin leotard!
LOVE HER!