Before she turns two, I think it's high time I gave an update.
Let's see...what is our little Anneke into these days?
Anneke loves cereal and daddy's homemade cheese.
She loves "The Sound of Music" and listens to "Do a Deer" over. and. over.
She pronounces "spoon" as "puh-soon" and "spy" as "puh-sigh" and "penguin" as "gw-pen." I hope she never learns the correct pronunciation.
She loves "The Sound of Music" and listens to "Do a Deer" over. and. over.
She pronounces "spoon" as "puh-soon" and "spy" as "puh-sigh" and "penguin" as "gw-pen." I hope she never learns the correct pronunciation.
She can sing her ABCs and counts past twenty. She loves numbers. She recognizes some letters like "A" and "S."
Speaking of love, she proclaims it often, as in "yuv Mommy!" "yuv numbers!" "yuv storytime!" "yuv BOOKS!"
Her cuteness as increased proportionally to her demanding-ness. Waiting is just not an option for her.
When she goes down to sleep she asks for a book. I usually find her clutching it after she has fallen asleep. Lately she's a huge fan of Carl the dog and anything by Mo Willems.

6 comments:
Wow - she is really growing up! I love the fact that she goes to sleep clutching a book. So sweet!
We love us some Mo Willems, too! He's awesome. I can't believe how fast these kids grow. It was awesome to have Anneke visit. I was surprised and pleased when Henry greeted her with an enthusiastic "ANNEKE!" at the door. Good growing, kiddo!
Anneke can't stop talking about cookies at Henry's!
She is so sweet!!! What a big girl she is now! Thank you for the update- they are always such a joy :)
Okay she is SMART! In kindergarten, they have to learn how to count to 100 by the end of the year. Anneke is going to have it down before she is THREE! Genius.
I can't wait to see her! COunting the days!
Yes, Anneke is smart, beautiful and all-around wonderful. But her real claim to fame is that she is the ONLY almost-2-year-old I have known who loves "daddy's homemade cheese."
We love Anneke and can't wait to wish her a happy 2nd birthday!!
Post a Comment