I woke Anneke up from a dead sleep so she wouldn't miss the fun. She never would have forgiven us for letting her sleep through this.
Sunday, November 21, 2010
Lovely Sunday part 2: turkey in the snow
And speaking of cliches, after our walk we left our smug, environmentally correct neighborhood in our Subaru to head out to Terra Farma in the Columbia River Gorge to pick up some raw goat milk and our very pricey, but very humanely raised, Thanksgiving turkey. And there was bonus free apple cider we got to press ourselves! Or, rather, Dave got to press it. As you can see, it snowed!





I've wanted to try this place since I moved here. My nieces' grandparents Bud and Gladys told me about it when they were in town for a visit eleven years ago. It's right on the Sandy River in Corbett. It was a lot fancier than I expected. I wouldn't make a special trip out there, but if you do pass by it, it's a really nice place to stop for cozy comfort food. I believe those in the know refer to it as "Chic-Dump" because that's the part of the sign that lights up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I've *always* wondered about that place.
Looks like such a fun/adventurous/cold time. I bet that's going to be one tasty bird!
i am glad anneke has such wonderful, adventurous parents!
Post a Comment