Sunday, December 12, 2010
Our little Christmas cookie
Monthly update, and I'll make it quick. I love who Anneke is and what she's becoming. She is sweet, funny, and intelligent. I love how she loves what Dave and I love (so far)--books, music, the moon, numbers, cooking. She is a little shy and cautious--not super slow to warm up, but she needs her time to check out the scene from my lap, or from behind my legs, and that's just fine. I think she gets this from her dad, and I want to honor this about her even as I gently encourage her to see what might be outside her comfort zone. This photo was taken right after she visited Santa; I'll post the pictures later. She had resolved on her own she was not going to be shy this year and dutifully sat on his lap, because she had decided Santa was, after all, her friend, and he's the guy whose gonna bring her a Pillow Pet. The look on her face as she talked to Santa was serious, and it was clear she was not sure about the situation. But it was something she had decided to do, and she did it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Oh good for her! She is a beautiful little girl.
she looks so grown up! precious!
and you commented before of some similarities between her and our daughter - i can definitely see those in this post.
and the crafts from the previous post were great! i think crafts are definitely the only area of my life where i can be about the "process" instead of the end product. who can compete with martha???
Holy smokes, she has grown up so much! She is just precious.
I love how she pooped in the potty tonight without any guidance. Maybe, that is just me....
This post almost made me cry. ALMOST. Try harder. :)
Dave, nice to know you read our blog.
Post a Comment