Sigh.
My friends over at The Lorpi Files have a friend whose baby is in the hospital after having swallowed a button battery (about the size of a nickel) that leaked acid into her esophagus for days. That's the short version of the story--where's the emoticon for "absolutely horrified"?
While her situation is extreme and a perfect storm of somewhat-rare-occurence and apparent incompetence at the ER, I learned that battery-swallowing is on the rise because of all of our gadgets, plus because of musical greeting cards (don't send those to friends with rugrats).
It sounds like baby Hazel is through the worst of it but not "out of the woods," so I will be praying for her and her family and invite y'all to think good thoughts/send loving-kindness/light a candle/say a prayer--whatever you tend to do in situations like this.
And I'm going to be roaming the house with a roll of duct tape, hunting for little gadgets.
3 comments:
That is just heartbreaking. My thoughts are with Hazel and her parents.
I hit all the links to get to Hazel's story. I've just been sitting here in tears while duct taping all remotes. I hope Hazel continues to improve - what a sweet babe!
She's doing even better now, and feels like all of the good thoughts have helped. Hopefully word will spread and no other precious life will have to suffer.
Thanks for sharing this with your loyal readers. BTW, Little Hazel is about a month older than little Miss Anneke.
Post a Comment