Friday, February 27, 2009

Amateur celebrity chefs

Caroline and I signed up to review a cookbook with the Oregonian. A few weeks ago we received an email notifying us that our turn to do a cookbook review had come up. We were both very excited about it, and we formulated grandiose ideas of becoming regular amateur cookbook reviewers. Our stick would be cooking with the baby and bickering back and forth about the right way to dice onions and the like.

Well after a few sessions of bickering, we came up with the following video of one of our test recipes from the book we reviewed. You can be the judge if we are destined for the Food Network, or maybe just a lowly, unwatched, video podcast.

6 comments:

Abcdpdx said...

yep, we're a regular Caprial and John. One thing I will not dispute is what a good job you did on the video!

Christie said...

It looks delicious. How'd it taste?

emily and adrian said...

Love the video and the music was perfect! Good grief, someone send this to Rachel Ray...I'd watch her more if she would just shut up. That was ugly, I'm sorry.

Anyway, you three are the best!

So, as far as the recipe goes. Easy? Maybe for you! I thought the hard part was the meat grinder...then came the juniper berries...whaaaa????? But that's me talking...I panic when I see a recipe that is more than five lines long...or has fractions in it. You know I was never the smart one.

I am so proud of you guys! I am a follower for sure! Can't wait for the next one!

Dr. A said...

Mmmmm...... I can almost taste it. Nice job, you three! It was obvious the sous chef was instrumental in preparing the dish.

K said...

great video! as usual, anneke's contribution is super cute!

and i am very impressed that you can be in the kitchen at the same time! disco and i agreed years ago that our relationship would last longer if we split our time in the kitchen (he cooks, i clean).

amycs said...

I would totally watch your cooking show. As for the recipe, I'm with Emily, JUNIPER BERRIES? And I had no idea so much milk went into bolognese. How was it?