Sunday, June 14, 2009

More Portland Hill Walks

Here we are completing another Portland Hill Walk, this time through Washington Park and surrounding neighborhoods.

Start at NW 24th and Burnside

Soon you'll come to the Holocaust Memorial; one thing I appreciated about this memorial was that it gives a really concise history of the events leading up to and surrounding the Holocaust. It also has transcripts of letters they found that were written by a nine-year-old girl who died in one of the camps. On the other side are lists of the names of relatives of Portlanders who died in the camps.

Later on you go through the Rose Garden and come to the playground.



And toward the end you walk past the Sacajawea statue.

Definitely a must-do for natives and non-natives alike!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

emily and adrian said...

beautiful!!! omg, the bonnet! SHe is picture perfect. we miss you!!

Dr. A said...

That was one of my favorite hikes! Looks like you had perfect weather too!

Christie said...

Great shots. I was just at REI and they have a list of family-friendly hikes in the PDX metro area. Armed with that and our latest purchase of a baby-wearing backpack, we're good to go! I was just going to comment on the great weather when I remembered that it's, um, raining. In June. Sigh.