Friday, October 31, 2008

Books are best friends


Today we went to the library for story time, and all I can say is, where has this been all her life? It was so much fun and 100% free--that's why I love the library. There were bubbles and songs and a big toy box. Since it was Halloween there were ballerinas and peapods and even a Santa Claus. One thing I am noticing lately about Anneke is a general reticence when she's outside her comfort zone; she needs a few minutes to check out the scene before charging in exuberantly. I think part of that might just be a stage, but knowing her dad and knowing me, it sounds like she's definitely a cross between the two of us. Apologies to Ms. A for the painfully obvious genetics lesson.
This post is dedicated to my mom--I want to make sure she knows we go to story time!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh at that age books are so much fun... to chew on.

heather said...

Oh, I'm so jealous. I totally want to go to Book Babies, but it's during the week.
Which library did you go to?

K said...

This is what I miss about being a full-time mom. I hope you are having so much fun!

ALS said...

She is so adorable. I can't wait to be in the same time zone. She looks sooooo much like Dave in that top photo. What a doll!!!!