Wheee! I got this email from The Oregonian today:
Hello. I am writing to let you know that you have been selected to review a cookbook for the FOODday section at The Oregonian!
Please let me know if you are still able to participate. I will mail the cookbook to the address you provided once I hear back from you. (Please also confirm the best mailing address.)
Here are the following guidelines to consider:
1. A questionnaire will be e-mailed for you to fill out for the review.
2. The reviews are unpaid but you can keep the book.
3. Someone will be calling to get a quick phone interview after the review is completed. (This will serve as an introduction for their review.)
4. Your review may go online instead of in the paper.
5. The review needs to be completed in about 2 weeks. You don't have to test every recipe, just 2 to 3, or whatever you are up for.
6. We would love it if you would like to take photos of the dish and the process of cooking it. Videos are ok, too. We plan to use the pictures in the paper and/or online, and the video online. (Photos and video are not a requirement.)
Looking forward to working with you. Please let me know if you have any questions. Kate
Very exciting--no we were not selected because word got out about Dave's haggis recipe. I emailed Food Day after I found a request for cookbook reviewers back in September. But right this minute I still feel like a food celebrity! Oh, and you know I'll be blogging about it.
1 comment:
Awesome! If you need any help tasting the recipes, you know where we live!
And if they knew David's cooking you might get sent "56 Ways to Cook Sweetbreads." I wonder what the dessert would be.
Post a Comment